When it comes to raw power there is nothing to beat the dual-bay Taurus. The Taurus has been designed to be strong and durable, while at the same time remaining aesthetically appealing. More importantly, it offers more than enough capacity to store all your digital media files. Along with abundant storage capacity, the Taurus Super-S LCM can also back up and secure all of your data thanks to RAID protection. Adding to its appeal is the user friendly LCD display, allowing the user to easily check the device status, monitor its performance and customise its settings!
The Taurus Super-S LCM comes equipped with a LCD display for easy device configuration, event messages and access to detailed information about the external hard drives. Critical parameters such as HDD temperature and fan speed can be monitored easily with the help of the LCD display. It utilises Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology also known as S.M.A.R.T. to obtain data directly from the HDD. Altogether, it can display 10 different details about the system plus 4 more per HDD and allow the user to modify up to 6 different settings, making this a highly configurable hard drive enclosure.
The Taurus comes with an extremely versatile interface, featuring eSATA, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 High Speed. To increase performance and data throughput, "RAID 0 - Striping" offers the ideal choice for your daily backup and other data transfers. For important data and reliability, you can't beat the "RAID 1 - Mirroring" function, which will automatically create a copy of all the data in case one of the drives fails. To keep your drives cool, the Taurus is using a smart fan, which automatically regulates fan speed according to the internal temperature, yet still offers the option to be set at a fixed speed depending on your requirements.
1x eSATA port
2x FireWire 800 (1394b) ports
1x FireWire 400 (1394a) port
1x USB 2.0 High Speed (USB 1.1 compatible) port
• Configurable hardware RAID controller for 2 drives (RAID 1 mirroring or RAID 0 striping)
• LCD display for easy device configuration and access to detailed information about the drives
• Critical parameters such as HDD temperature and fan speed can be monitored easily with help of the LCD display
• Utilises Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology also known as S.M.A.R.T. to obtain data directly from the HDD
• Versatile interface, including eSATA, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 and USB 2.0
• Hardware acceleration of RAID rebuild
• 2TB volume option for systems that do not support large volumes
• Perforated aluminium casing and extra large fan for excellent heat dissipation
• Customisable smart fan that automatically regulates fan speed according to the internal temperature